If you meet income guidelines and have a medical condition requiring air conditioning, we may be able to provide a small window air unit. You do not need a doctor's note to prove your medical condition. We will take your word for it.
If you are a renter, your landlord will complete a form giving you permission to install a window air conditioner at the property. If you qualify, you will pick up the window air conditioner at one of our offices.
NOTE: We do not install air conditioners.
To receive a box fan, you must meet our income guidelines. Please come to one of our offices during business hours to request a fan.
You will fill out a brief application and take your fan with you. You do not need an appointment ahead of time and proof of income is not needed.
Please start a conversation or click on the Help button on the bottom right corner of this page to find out when our offices are open before coming. We look forward to assisting you!
Articles in this section
- Disaster Assistance
- What are your holiday hours?
- How do I apply for utility bill assistance?
- What should I do if my power has been shut off?
- What should I do if I receive a disconnection notice?
- Can you help with my water or sewer bill?
- Can you help with my broken furnace?
- How do I apply for weatherization services?
- Home Energy Conservation Tips
- Where can I get legal advice regarding my landlord or utility company?