If you meet income guidelines and have a medical condition requiring air conditioning, we may be able to provide a small window air unit. You do not need a doctor's note to prove your medical condition. We will take your word for it.
If you are a renter, your landlord will complete a form giving you permission to install a window air conditioner at the property. If you qualify, you will pick up the window air conditioner at one of our offices.
NOTE: We do not install air conditioners.
To receive a box fan, you must meet our income guidelines. Please come to one of our offices during business hours to request a fan.
You will fill out a brief application and take your fan with you. You do not need an appointment ahead of time and proof of income is not needed.
Articles in this section
- How do I apply for utility bill assistance?
- What should I do if my power has been shut off?
- What should I do if I receive a disconnection notice?
- Can you help with my water or sewer bill?
- Can you help with my broken furnace?
- How do I apply for weatherization services?
- Where can I get help with personal care or hygiene items like toilet paper and shampoo?
- Home Energy Conservation Tips
- Where can I get legal advice regarding my landlord or utility company?
- I'm moving. What happens to my unused energy assistance benefits?