Most of the year, we will send you an approval or denial letter or email within a couple of weeks.
It sometimes takes longer to process your utility bill assistance application from October through January because this is our busiest season. We are working hard to improve so we can get notice of a decision to you more quickly. We also often have to wait for Congress to approve funding for the program in October and November.
Please start a conversation with us if you would like an update on the status of your application.
Articles in this section
- What is your Mission Statement?
- Can I apply online?
- What income limits do I have to meet?
- Do you have job openings?
- How can I get a caseworker to help me set goals?
- I applied for utility bill help several weeks ago. When will I hear whether I am approved?
- What documents do I need to apply for utility bill assistance?
- Can I make copies at your office of documents I need to get services?
- Can I print documents I need for my application at your office?
- How do I get a copy of a document from my file?