Being disconnected from your heating/electric utility is an emergency and will be treated as such.
We will assign your request high priority. Submit a service ticket and we will assign a team member to work with you directly.
We will complete an application together to see if you are eligible for crisis assistance from Community Action. When your power has been shut off or disconnected, it is a complex, emergency situation, so it is not possible to apply online. We will contact your power company to determine what you owe and we will help you make a plan.
The most important thing is to act right away! Please submit a service ticket or call us at 563-324-3236.
Articles in this section
- Disaster Assistance
- What are your holiday hours?
- How do I apply for utility bill assistance?
- What should I do if my power has been shut off?
- What should I do if I receive a disconnection notice?
- Can you help with my water or sewer bill?
- Can you help with my broken furnace?
- How do I apply for weatherization services?
- Home Energy Conservation Tips
- Where can I get legal advice regarding my landlord or utility company?