It's best to contact us right away if you receive a disconnection notice. We may be able to help prevent disconnection. If one of the following applies to you, please start a conversation with us right away or call us at 563-324-3236 to let us know you need “crisis assistance.”
- The power company disconnected you from your natural gas, electricity, or water (including sewer) services.
- You have a disconnection notice from your natural gas, electricity, water, or sewer service provider.
- You are about to default on a payment arrangement you made with your utility company and will be at risk of disconnection.
- You use propane or fuel oil and your tank is at or below 30% full.
It is important to call or start a conversation right away so we can work together to try to prevent disconnection or to restore services quickly.
In the winter, we can often provide a safe space heater while we work to restore services or we can help you develop a temporary plan to stay warm while we work with your utility provider.
Articles in this section
- What are your holiday hours?
- How do I apply for utility bill assistance?
- What should I do if my power has been shut off?
- What should I do if I receive a disconnection notice?
- Can you help with my water or sewer bill?
- Can you help with my broken furnace?
- How do I apply for weatherization services?
- Home Energy Conservation Tips
- Where can I get legal advice regarding my landlord or utility company?
- I'm moving. What happens to my unused energy assistance benefits?