Can you help me with a hotel stay? Can you help me with a hotel stay?

Can you help me with a hotel stay?

hotel-stay.jpgCommunity Action of Eastern Iowa may be able to help pay for a hotel stay in certain situations and resources for other situations.

  1. You are a homeowner, and your furnace quits working in the winter, and we need to pay for a short hotel stay while we help you repair or replace your furnace.
  2. You need temporary housing because of a natural disaster and qualify for disaster assistance benefits.

We do not have funding to pay for hotel stays in other circumstances. We recommend the following resources.

Scott County:

  • Salvation Army: 563-324-4808
  • Humility of Mary: 563-322-8065 (*Shower facility at the Jubilee Campus (Fresh Start) located at 522 Fillmore Street, Davenport) 
  • Open Door: 563-265-5500 (After hours hotline: 712-722-7609). May be able to help with 1 or 2 nights if you have a plan or a short-term emergency.
  • Kings Harvest Ministries: 563-570-4536 
  • Christian Care: 309-786-5734 (Men only, also provides meals and *shower facility) 
  • Winnie's Place: 309-764-9466 (Survivors of Domestic Violence)
  • Family Resources: 866-921-3354 (Survivors of Domestic Violence)
  • The Center: 563-323-5295 (Homeless outreach and basic survival needs) (*Shower facility available in the morning Monday thru Friday) 
  • Cafe on Vine: 563-324-4472 (Meal site)

Clinton County

Muscatine County:

  • MCSA: 563-264-3278

Cedar County:

You can also search for a list of available shelters at