Please visit our Jobs Page to see a list of current employment openings. We welcome your application for any position that interests you.
There are many great reasons to work at Community Action, but the best reason of all is that by joining us, you will have the honor of working for children, families, and individuals. We work in partnership with our customers to help them achieve great things, and you can be part of this important work.
Your future coworkers are great people, dedicated to our mission, and you will love our casual work environment.
We have a great benefit package that includes:
- Daytime and weekday hours.
- Paid time off (annual leave, sick leave, and personal leave).
- Paid holidays.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance.
- The Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS).
- Lifestyle spending account.
- College scholarships.
- Free confidential community and online counseling for you and anyone living in your home.
- Participation in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Several of our employees are working towards student loan forgiveness.
Because we receive many applications, we cannot reply to each applicant.
The fine print:
At-Will Employment: All employees enter into employment voluntarily, and with no specified length of employment. Accordingly, such employment is “at will”, which means that either the Agency or the “at will” employee can terminate the relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time, regardless of performance or length of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Community Action of Eastern Iowa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of:
Physical or mental disability
Marital or familial status
Veteran or military status
Unfavorable discharge from military service
Request for FMLA leave
Articles in this section
- What is your Mission Statement?
- Can I apply online?
- What income limits do I have to meet?
- Do you have job openings?
- How can I get a caseworker to help me set goals?
- I applied for utility bill help several weeks ago. When will I hear whether I am approved?
- What documents do I need to apply for utility bill assistance?
- Can I make copies at your office of documents I need to get services?
- Can I print documents I need for my application at your office?
- How do I get a copy of a document from my file?