Please provide proof of identity and proof of income for you and everyone living in your household. Identity can be established via a social security card, unexpired driver’s license, or passport (#1 below) AND your gas, electric, or other utility bills (#2 below). See #3 below for details on your proof of income. Having the correct documentation when you apply will make your application easier!
You will need three groups of documents:
- Proof of identity for everyone living in your home. Social security cards are best because they don't expire. If you applied the year before, we may still have this on file for you. Adults can also use an unexpired driver's license or passport. If anyone in your home does not have a social security card or other proof of identification, please start a conversation with us to discuss the next steps.
- Your gas, electric, or other utility bills. We will verify your account numbers with your vendor.
- Proof of income for every adult living in your home. You may provide income from the past 30 days prior to the application or for the past year, whatever is easier or more beneficial for you. The chart below describes some common income documentation types.
If you have a different income than those listed below, or still have questions after reading the list, please start a conversation with us.
|Type of Income||Past 30 Days||Past Year|
|Wages, Salary||Paycheck stubs for the past 30 days (if paid every other week, most recent 2)||All W-2 forms, or your last completed Federal Income Tax return|
|Self Employment, Rental Income, or Farm Income||Not applicable||Last completed Federal Income Tax Return|
|Social Security (Disability or Retirement), or SSI||Check copy, award letter, or bank statement from the past 60 days showing direct deposit||1099 SSA letter, or last completed Federal Income Tax return for SSA or SSDI. For SSI, we will need a printout from social security for all months|
|Pension, Retirement, or Veteran's Benefits||Copy of award letter, copy of check received, or bank statement from the past 60 days showing direct deposit||1099 R for pension or retirement income, or most recent Federal Income Tax return|
|Adoption Subsidy||Copy of the check or the monthly statement monthly||Statements from the past year|
|Child Support||Child Support printout, copy of the check, or statement from the payer||Printout for the past year, copies of checks, or statement from payer|
|Family Investment Program (FIP) Benefits||We do not need this documentation.||We do not need this documentation|
|Worker's Compensation||Benefit statements||Benefit statements for the past year or statement from the payer|
|Dividend Benefits||Letter or statement showing the amount received||1099 DIV or the most recent Federal Income Tax return|
|Unemployment Benefits||Printout from Workforce Development||1099 G or most recent Federal Income Tax return|
Articles in this section
- Where can I find a place to take a shower?
- Can you help pay my mortgage?
- What is your mission statement?
- Can I apply online?
- What income limits do I have to meet?
- Do you have job openings?
- How can I get a caseworker to help me set goals?
- I applied for utility bill help several weeks ago. When will I hear whether I am approved?
- What documents do I need to apply for utility bill assistance?
- Can I make copies at your office of documents I need to get services?